1. Goods shall be delivered by the Seller or authorised representative of the Seller.
2. At the time of delivery of goods, the Buyer must verify the condition of consignment together with the Seller or authorised representative of the Seller.
3. The consignment is considered to be transferred, when the Buyer signs the transfer document presented by the courier.
4. In the event of detection of any consignment damages by the Buyer, the Buyer is entitled not to accept the consignment and make a note of it in a consignment note. The consignment is considered to be accurately transferred, when the Buyer accepts goods and signs the consignment note without any remarks.
5. The Buyer shall be informed by telephone about the accurate delivery time of goods. If it is impossible to contact the Buyer by telephone, the goods shall be inevitably delivered to the specified address.
6. No delivery services are available on weekend and bank holidays. Furthermore, we do not deliver to Kuršių Nerija.
7. At the time of delivery of goods, the Buyer together with the authorised representative of gamtosreceptai.lt – courier has to check the condition of consignment and sign the invoice, consignment note or other document of goods transfer and acceptance. After signature, it is considered that the Buyer is satisfied with the condition of consignment. If the Buyer is not satisfied with the condition of the consignment, the Buyer is required to draw up a free-format statement of consignment damage and produce it to the courier representative who has delivered goods.
8. Goods are shipped to the Buyer immediately upon receipt of order payment (or on the following business day). Goods are usually delivered to the Buyer within 2 or 3 business days after their shipment.
Free of charge delivery is applied to orders exceeding €17.
Collection of goods in our office is free of charge.
Delivery of goods to “Lietuvos pašto skyrius” (Lithuanian Post Office) (2 to 3 days) costs €2.
Delivery of goods to your home address with “Venipak” (1 to 2 days) costs €3.70.
1. Items may be returned in accordance with the Order of the Minister of Economy of the Republic of Lithuania on Sales of Items and Delivery of Services where Contracts Are Concluded by Using the Means of Communication dated 17 August 2001.
2. In the event of delivery of defective goods, the Seller shall undertake to replace faulty goods within the shortest possible time. If it is impossible to replace faulty goods, the Seller gives a refund to the Buyer or replaces goods by equivalent items.
3. On Buyer’s request, qualitative goods may be replaced or returned by a separate agreement. In such a case, transport costs shall be paid by the Buyer.
4. The Buyer is entitled to change or return qualitative goods which may be changed or returned without giving any reason within 7 days from their delivery date. In such a case, transport costs shall be paid by the Customer. The returning goods must be free from damage, in the original packaging and otherwise correspond to the condition at the time of purchase.